Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Now THAT's funny.


   I seem to find a lot of things funny these days that aren't intended to be. I mean that is usually the case, but recently the unintentional funny things have been out weighing the intentionally funny things. 

like. .

My Mother frantically screaming as she shuffles through papers all over the house;
"THERE WAS A FROSTY CUPON THAT HAS SOME VERY IMPORTANT ADDRESSES ON IT and now it's GOOONE!!"
"This is what people have blackberrys for mom"
"I thought if I wrote the Address on MY COUPONS that it'd be SAFE! But NOOOOOO I write it down and a week goes by and it's GOOOONNEEE! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!"

mean while I am laughing in the kitchen making eggs and she does NOT think this is a laughing matter.

 It's how I survive really, laughing at things that are loud and kind of scary, but when you think about it, really funny. I can't get wrapped up in the crazy that happens in my house every other day anymore, it's bad for my health. So growing up here I've learned to laugh at things that are so over the top scary crazy, embaressing or angering because 6 times out of 10, it's not actually worth it to get anxious or upset about it.

I picked up a little saying from a friend, "Find the Funny". because there's something funnyto find  everyday.

Oddly enough the friend that I got that from stopped being my friend in a pretty laughable situation, it's mostly the relationship that he's in that's laughable.

This makes me kind of crazy right? I swear I have other emotions.

However, my Cast not knowing their lines a week before the performance....that's not funny too me. 




1 comment:

rebecca said...

when you're living at home with your parents.
when you run into snakes in the jungle.
when your boss tells you no.
when your boss doesn't speak english.
when you want to be back in chicago.

find the funny.