Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Blog/ RIP

I made another blog today called "Look At What I Made Today" that will have a post each day of something I made. Check it out:


This blog will remain for my ramblings.

On a sad note:

My Grandfather Robert Rickert Died the Sunday after Thanksgiving my senior year of High School. He was an amazing man, a story teller, seriously wouldn't stop telling jokes and stories. He was tall and lanky like me and always said "You're slender, not skinny". I recently watched a home movie from 1987 when him and my grandmother were visiting us at our home in Texas, he was playing a pretend game with us where we made a string grow between us and then played jump rope with it, he was always a creative instigator. I miss him.
Recently his best friend Edwardo passed away, a man that my Grandfather waited to see before dying the same night. I remember him by the stories he would tell me and my sisters about catching my Mom sneaking out of the house at night back in the 70's, and from him reading me and my sisters stories in Spanish.

Two great men that are surely missed.

RIP

No comments: