Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm trying to improve my penmanship


So very few people have cool hand writing these days. The only thing we're ever forced to write constantly is out signature, and that usually ends up being a squiggle and a line...that's what mine is after all.


My Grandmother Culbertson has the most beautiful handwriting, she signs her paintings in the most beautiful and artistic way a person could write "Culbertson". So what I conclude is this: The longer you were forced to write things out without the aide of a computer or a typewriter, the better your hand writing is.


It's why most of the people in my generation have the same handwriting that they did when they were in 7th grade, because that's when we started our "keyboarding" classes.....just imagine what the hand writing of future generations will be like. In my old age, my doctors will be writing out perscriptions like pre-schoolers, if they write them out at all...


Pretty obvious right? I dunno I just thought it was interesting.


1 comment:

KateGladstone said...

To help those doctors of the future (and others), consider http://www.HandwritingThatWorks.com

Kate Gladstone
Founder and CEO, Handwriting Repair/Handwriting That Works
Director, the World Handwriting Contest