Friday, August 14, 2009

Lack of Swoon in Chicago.



There are few things in life that I love more than Men in well Tailored clothing. Sadly living in a city that is made up of what seems to be relocated farm/frat boys, I don't see them on the street that often. This morning getting off the Train at Jackson, however, I spotted one: finely tailored, freshly pressed, perfectly coordinated light grey thinly pin striped suit....I staaaared at him, gaping at the perfect length and width of his trousers, the suit jacket that FOR ONCE was not to big in the shoulders, the shoes that matched the belt. I seriously lost myself for a moment.



Come on guys of Chicago! Let's learn how to dress eh? If you want to have pretty girls like me audibily swoon as they stare at you in your nice clothes...learn how to dress! Working in the loop this week has opened my eyes to some sad sad realities...maybe it's because I'm not at the higher end of the loop? Wait...no there are no excuses. Although I guess that's what I get for wanting to live in a city as laid back as Chicago. Next week I'll be going to NYC, I'll be sure to catch up on my eye candy there, for now, thank God for the Sartorialist.




May I also just mention that i love seeing kids dress like fashionable adults. i don't usually like talking about "My Kids" because I don't like getting ahead of myself....but I must say that when I get the opportunity you better believe that my kids will dress like little adults. When I was in Paris last summer I saw a lot of this, little kids wearing more than just Pink and leggings.





Swoon.


2 comments:

maureen ryan said...

hear, hear.

<3 sartorialist.

SayGoodniteGracie said...

I agree in wishing guys would put forth just a little effort. I am perfectly willing to truss up in stockings and skirts if only he will wear a well fitted suit and dress shoes. Ooooh dress shoes!
Still, I have to weigh in on the kids. I think kids should dress like kids. This means batman pajamas worn in public with cowboy boots and fireman hat.
The exception is boys in church. Boys should have to wear little khakis with little ties and little navy sport coats because it is SO DARNED CUTE!
I'm not sure how I feel on the issue of men wearing loafers without socks and cuffed pants. Something about it just screams "I keep a misstress!" to me. Maybe its just too European...