Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Joking with strangers.

A rough transcript of the conversation that took place between me and the security guard at the John Hancock building today.

Characters;

Leigh - A tall white girl in her mid 20's on her way to a focus group.
Security Guard - A Tall Black man in his mid 40's taking people from the security desk to the elevator.

Security Guard: (noticing my fingernails as I sign in) Man! Those Nails are blue!
Leigh: (looking at her nails) indeed they are, Blue.
SG: It looks like smurfs, it looks like a bunch of smurfs came and polished your nails to a shine.
Leigh: They ARE kind of a smurf color ARENT they! I never really thought of that.
SG: Man those are the smurfiest colored nails I have ever seen. It's like Papa smurf did your nails.(leading me over to the elevators so he can key card me up)
Leigh: (After a bit of a pause. Looking at my nails) I should get little white hats for all my fingers-
SG: No.
Leigh: No? Haha.
SG: No, (shaking his head) I can't believe you said that.
Leigh: I crossed a line.
SG: You went too far.
Leigh: I pushed the boundary line with that one.
Both: Laughing
Leigh: Well have a good day!
SG: You too now!

It's little conversations like that with complete strangers that I cherish. haha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, that's Eric! We call him "Mr. happy" because he's so freakin' pleasant!

Leslie Peterson said...

This is so freaking awesome.

darcie said...

hahaha!!!! i love this!!