Friday, November 21, 2008

Chocolate chocolate chocolate! AAAck.

tehehe.

I've been sick this week, not as sick as Jon was, lord no, but pretty darn sick. Whats frustrating is that it's the 4th time with in about a month and a half that I have been. And I haven't been sick all year....my body has become fragile since moving here, which is odd because I feel I've been eating a lot healthier. Maybe not as Healthy as when I ate over at the Lowly's ;) Anyways....let's hope this is the end of the sick streak, because I need to be on my feet serving people uncontaminated food. Not looking like David from "flight of the navigator" in my white thermal p.j's.

I'm going to a bachelorette party for a girlfriend of mine that I've known since Kindergarten. It's one of those people in your life that have stuck to you no matter what kind of craptastic things have happened in their life. She's been through a lot, including many a boy I didn't not approve of. But now she has a gorgeous son, a loving husband to be and a pretty exciting life set up before her. She choose a different path than me and it only proves to me that there's more than one happy way to go about life. That's always refreshing to know. Bachelorette parties are always interesting....mechanical bull anyone?

ok...ok deep breath.

Things that make life in Moreland Hills a little more livable:

- Late night phone convos with Joe Goivannetti
- The rolling hills, general landscape and wild life of North East Ohio
- My sisters
- Kate Brooks, and all the shenanigans we get into.
- Forging new friendships with people like Meghan, Sara and David.
- Daft Punk "Alive"
- My Dog and Cat
- Getting to hang out with a 1,2 and 3 year old once or twice a week.
- The living room fire place
- Graphic Novels
- gchat
- Anthropologie Catalogues
- 30 Rock, How I met your Mother, It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Greys Anatomy....yes I still love that show.

I miss all of you (that are not here). I need reasons to not be anxiously awaiting my return to Chicago...I know all of you are ;)

1 comment:

Mari said...

oh leigh! every time you update i think, "i love this girl!!" i really hope you are in chicago in february when i visit...i would really really love to see/chat with/hug/eat cookies with you. yes yes. i am also battling an illness (my 4th since arriving in chile...ughghgh) and it's killing my morale and my ability to enjoy coffee.

i'm glad you have some wonderful things going on in your life; always good to hear.

much love, beautiful!