Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lazy Day (shower)

These seem to be a regular occurrence recently....I feel an endless amount of guilt about it.

Lazy day or not, there's always one big highlight of everyday, Taking a shower. My friend Ben  Billington used to call it (and sometimes still does) a rain locker, I always liked that imagery, so I titled the mix I listen to when ever I shower:

Rain Locker Dreams

"Anyone Else but you" By The Moldy Peaches
"If you rescue me (Chanson des Chats)" Sung by Gael Garcia Bernal and Co.
"Heart Beats" The Jose Gonzalez Cover
"Nantes" by Beirut
"Sea of Love" The Cat Power cover
"Skinny Love" by Bon Iver

It's the perfect blend of sweet charm and calming music that I know the words to and can harmonize with easily. So I always end up dreaming up scenarios in which I'm sitting next to one of my guy friends who plays the guitar as I harmonize along with a ukulele in hand.....*sigh*. If anyone has the desire to learn any of those songs on guitar I will be the first one to sing along :)






























Taking a shower is kind of a fantastical experience for me, it's a production each time. I bring in my sisters ipod dock, turn on the light in the shower, turn on the shower, turn off the light in the bathroom, undress, press play and as I open the door to the shower the steam mists up the only light source in the room and I step into my escape. Music playing, heart beat slowing down, all of the noises and the stress of the house disappear and all of the sudden i can think straight and dream up all the things I'm excitedly capable of doing.

sigh


1 comment:

darcie said...

i love your explanation. i'm trying that tonight. taking a shower i mean.